This is a Non-Exempt position. The technician reports to the shop Service Manager, and if that individual is not available, he will report to either the Service Advisor or General Manager.
High School graduate or higher
California State Driver’s License
Air Conditioning License
A6 License (ASE)
A8 License (ASE)
One additional current ASE License
At least 3 years of working experience as an automotive technician
Skills and Abilities:
Capable of performing all repairs, adjustments and maintenance jobs on
Passenger vehicles, light trucks and vehicles with a GRWof less than 10,000 lbs.
Being able to read, write and communicate in English
Being able to use a computer system
These individuals will be standing for long periods. The position cccasionally requires stooping, kneeling, crouching and lifting up to 40 lbs. Employees must have the full use of hands, arms, eyes and voice. They must also be able to move about safely in a repair shop environment. The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of their job. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions. The work is performed in a non-smoking repair shop environment with a moderate noise level.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Report to work on time.
- Maintain a clean driving record.
- Obey all safety regulations
- Keep all licenses valid (renewal on employee’s expense. ASE, Air Conditioning, Smog, etc.
- Help maintain/repair shop equipment and installations
- Maintain repair lifts.
- Perform repairs, adjustments, and maintenance work on customer used and internal cars.
- Assist the service advisor in preparing estimates
- Perform diagnoses and checkouts on customer used and internal cars.
- Report any safety hazards to the supervisor.
- Keep track of time spent on the individual jobs by documenting it on the repair orders.
- Road test cars to verify repair or to diagnose.
- Assit other technicians and co-workers.
- Assit the supervisor by educating other co-workers.
- Monitor dead lines and inform the supervisor when problems occur.
Measures of Performance:
- Display common sense and good judgment in all aspects of the position held.
- Capability of performing the different jobs.
- Evaluation Sheet.
- Work output and Quality (come-backs)